Friday, June 29, 2007

Free Weekend Fun

It's coming up to the weekend (TGIF!!) and you may be looking for something to do, but saying "I'm such a poor college kid hobo, I just can't pay for this shit!". In my efforts to try to entertain my child without breaking the bank, I have discovered many a trick/tip to find free community events and entertainment.

- Look in your local newspaper (most can be found online, which negates the need to actually buy the paper) events section/calendar.
- Check your local news stations' websites for "community listings"
- Craigslist! Find your city and see what's going on in the events section.
- Go to your town's (and surrounding town's, depending on how far you're willing to go) website, or your state's tourism website. They will more than likely have listing for events that you can sift through.

No comments:

Post a Comment