Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My favorite frugal blog

I have a favorite frugal blog out of all those I read. It's called The Simple Dollar. I like it particularly because of the following:

- Trent (the author) appeals to a wide audience. It doesn't matter if you are young, old(er), single, married, have kids or not, you will find something here that will appeal to you and/or help you.

- He writes from a perspective of having been there (i.e. in debt and money-challenged). He tells his story very honestly and in great detail, and that helps people to relate and to know that this did not come easy for him and his family.

- The content is not only "frugal-task based", but also from an emotional connection standpoint. He goes into the thought processes attached to spending money and how to handle and/or correct the negative ones.

- He doesn't tell you to "cut this out because it works for me", he tells you to go with what works for you, and understands it's not one-size-fits-all (something that I struggled with for a long time - "this works for everyone else, why not for me?")

I would suggest you check it out, maybe click into some of the categories you find interesting (listed on the right sidebar if you scroll down a bit). I'd be curious to know what you all think about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment