My husband and I went through our cabinets, freezer, fridge, and other misc shelves and detailed (in spreadsheet format) all of the food we have that could be used to make dinners and some lunches for the next few weeks. Here's what we came up with:
- Pasta with Sauce (carrots or applesauce on the side) x 3
- Bean & Rice Tacos (with small amount of chicken for my son's taco) - turns out we got 2 meals out of this!
- Tuna Melts (carrots or applesauce on the side)
- BLT on Bagels (carrots or applesauce on the side)
- Egg Beater Omelets w/Hashed Browns
- Elbow Mac w/Franks in Cream of Mushroom "Soup-Sauce" (carrots or applesauce on the side)
- Steak Tacos w/ Beans and Rice
- Pancakes with cinnamon applesauce on the side (or other "breakfast for dinner" option such as Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal)
- Beef w/Mushroom Gravy & Egg Noodles w/ Butter x2 (carrots or applesauce on the side)
- Spaghetti w/ Clam Sauce
- Hamburger Helper w/ Peas and Mushrooms (and the hamburger, of course)
- Baked Beans w/ Hot Dogs
- Mix and Match night: Pizza Slice, Chicken Soup, Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese, Cheeseburger Boca Burger(s)
That's 17 meals!
For lunches, I discovered things like:
- Frozen Muffins
- Canned Pears
- Pineapple Cups
- Frosted Shredded Wheat (used as lunch snacks)
- (2) Boca Burgers
I also have lots left on my list of foods that will not be used in these meals, so I can plan meals around those items and not have to pick up a full complement of groceries for probably an entire month.