Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Time and Sanity Saving Tips

I may or may not be repeating myself with some of these! Here are some little tips and habits I've picked up to save time, energy, and sanity.

- YoCrunch yogurts (you know, those yogurts with the little add-ins on top?) were on sale at my Acme this week. I bought 20, but they had a lot with toppings like M&Ms, Nestle Crunch, and Reese's Pieces. I thought "well I add wheat germ to my yogurt, so not sure what I'm going to do with these toppings". In the shower this morning, inspiration hit me! I'll separate the toppings and put them away for small treats later! There's always a time when someone in my house is craving chocolate, so this should work out perfectly.

- If you see something in the house that needs to be done and it's a very quick fix, just do it right when you notice it. For instance, I look at the floor in my bathroom while I'm peeing and think "ugh, look at all that dirt and hair in that corner there". After I'm done on the terlet (my word for "toilet"), I just use some TP and wipe it up, flush the TP, and then ta-da, done!

- If it can't be done within that very few seconds when you notice it, WRITE IT DOWN for later. I am such a fan of WRITING STUFF DOWN because it simply works. Keep the list in a place where you'll see it and you will likely not forget to do that thing later.

- If you're on a roll, keep going. When I get up in the morning, I make sure I do the cat food (water, dry food, wet food) and then the litter, and then packing my breakfast and putting anything that needs to go to work with me in my bag. I do all of this before I even get in the shower, because I know if I don't do it first thing and all at the same time, I'll get distracted and forget to do it.

- Have a plan. Know what you're going to do and when you're going to do it. This saves A LOT of sanity, and if something unexpected comes up, you can always re-arrange the schedule. This avoids the "OMG WHEN AM I GOING TO DO THIS?!" syndrome.

- Have a grocery store near your work? If you're like me and don't really socialize every day at lunch, you can do this. Check the sales circulars for good deals at your work-local store, and pick them up on your lunch break! I do this a lot now, and it helps me to save time and get some good deals.

Just some things that work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment